Friday, April 8, 2011

Saturday Training Run

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I ran with Jeff and Norman (crazy funny chocolate Lab) this morning...again! ;)

I hiked on Wednesday afternoon and ran on Friday morning so I was nervous about my foot. We often run long on Saturday but I had to walk during ARR South Mountain Classic 5K last Saturday. In addition, I typically have serious allergy/asthma problems in March and April. Our goal for this "long" run was
100 5 miles. We started at 7:45 A.M. (late for us), already H-O-T! We walked for about 0.5 mile and also walked about 0.25 mile at the 2.5 mile turnaround. Lots of cyclists, runners and walkers on the canal...not used to sharing space, but we survived. Jeff ran faster during the last mile and I remained slow and steady...again. I finished 5.05 miles in 58 minutes for a slow 11:34 average pace. I finished the last section at 9:28, had negative splits other than the brief walk at halfway mark and felt good about my legs and the mileage. But I knew my L foot would need ice throughout the day...again...boring! :s

No comments:

Post a Comment