Monday, April 11, 2011

Shoot Me Up!












Ok, my foot is nothing like this, thank goodness it is only plantar fasciitis! ;)

So I went back to the doctor after 3 weeks of R.I.C.E., barely running, watching the entire season of Mad Men on Netflix, and tending to my garden (my peppers are growing and yours will get eaten by N so suck it Geyer!). Of course, per doctor instructions, I could have done cross training at the gym but I nixed that plan and decided to gain a few pounds. That will make the depressing news of no running easier to take, right?!

I arrive at the office, check in, pay the co-pay charge AGAIN and sit down to read the latest issue of Edible Phoenix while I wait for the doctor in an exam room. Ok, this is where they (conspiratorial physician vampires) suck you in. I waited almost no time for the 1st visit with the doc and waited 30 minutes for this follow-up visit. After 15 minutes, I told the receptionist that I had another appointment. She said, "The doctor is about 15 minutes behind schedule." Well, I am glad that someone can tell time. I thought I was too early! 'WTF is he getting here?' is all I want to know? Turns out someone has trouble telling time as Dr. H. saunters in after 30 minutes just as I am re-scheduling my next appointment.

Dr. H: How are you? How is the foot?
Me: Everything is great. My foot feels better than ever! Just thought I would read and relax in a cold, sterile room for the evening and say 'Hi'.
Dr. H: Appreciate the lies. Let's check out the foot.
Me: I walked the ARR race instead of winning it, my kids laughed unmercifully and my RP got twice as many miles as me that week. It still hurts alot and I am tired of the couch potato routine. Have you developed that magic pill yet?
Dr. H: Well, is the pain decreasing like running down 32nd Street after a hill run or is it up and down like the rolling hills of the South Mountain course?
Me: Listen, foot fetish man, pain is pain is pain and I have pain every day. Can you just give me that shot again so I can beat Jake Plummer during Pat's Run this Saturday? I think I have a shot at it...get it?...hahahaha!
Dr. H: Your foot feels fine but you can drop in (we know what that means without a scheduled appointment) on Friday.
Me: Great! See you Friday. Gotta go...off to get a bikini wax...now that is pain I will pay for any time!!

Stay tuned...shot is coming, I promise!
:D

Keeping me waiting for 30 minutes = cleaning up this nasty nail for FREE, right?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment